Housing and financing

Are you wondering about how you can finance your studies? You can apply for scholarships, loans or student aid. Unsure about how to find a place to live? Check out our tips for finding housing.

Living in your student city

Are you looking for somewhere to live in Uppsala? You can write an advertisement and find housing to rent at studentboet.se. Are you searching for housing in Visby? Check Student Union Rindi’s accommodation page.

Student housing options in Sweden.

Your finances


As a student or researcher of Uppsala University, you can apply for a range of scholarships. See available scholarships.

Swedish student aid

The most common way for Swedish students to finance their studies is through a student finance (grants and loans) from The Swedish Board of Student Finance (CSN).

If you are not a Swedish citizen, but have been granted residency in Sweden for a purpose other than studies, you may be eligible to receive student finance from CSN. You must be officially registered as a resident in Sweden and intend to remain in the country even after completing your studies. All other students are expected to finance their studies themselves. More about CSN.


All students at Uppsala University are covered by accident insurance while on the university premises and on their direct way to and from school. Other international student groups may be covered by additional insurance. It is important for all students to find out what kind of coverage they will receive or need to organise privately before arriving in Sweden. More about insurance.