As a student at Uppsala University you may study courses during one or two semesters at one of our partner universities. Since we have exchange agreements, there are no tuition fees to be paid.
Who can apply for exchange studies?
If you are a full-time student, have completed at least 60 credits at Uppsala University upon departure and intend to take your degree here, you most likely have the opportunity to apply for exchange studies. See the complete list of requirements in the application handbook.
Where can you study as an exchange student?
The Unit has exchange agreements with over 400 partner universities on all continents except Antarctica. Partner universities in Africa, Oceania and South America are generally open for application during spring. Partner universities in Asia, Europe, Middle East and North America are generally open for application during autumn. See which ones and read reports from previous exchange students on the page about our partner universities.
When can you apply for exchange studies?
The application for exchange studies is open twice per year, once during the spring semester and once during the autumn semester.
- 15 April-15 May 2023.
- For exchange studies starting in spring 2024.
- The application closes at 15:00.
- Primarily partner universities in Africa, Oceania and South America.
- Dates for the application period for exchange studies starting in autumn 2024 will be published during spring 2023.
- Primarily partner universities in Asia, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Partner universities and exchange reports
Exchange agreements through the Unit for International Mobility.
Universities available for application
List of universities available for application during the current application round.
Extra points on the application
List of student positions that are rewarded in the application process.
Application for exchange studies
You can apply for exchange studies once per semester during approximately 30 days. The application and other mandatory documentation are submitted electronically through the system MoveON. We will publish the link to the application in MoveON here when the application round starts.
The application for exchange studies is closed at the moment. Next application period is April 15-May 15 2023.
Instructions for the exchange studies application are provided in the application handbook. It contains the information necessary to complete the application.
Drop-in: Meet an International Officer
Meet with an International Officer from the Unit for International Mobility through Zoom and ask questions about studies or traineeships abroad. When entering the Zoom meeting, you will be placed in a waiting room until it is your turn. There, you describe your question before being transferred to an individual conversation with an available International Officer.
- Tuesdays at 11:00-12:00 except on public holidays (Erasmus grant for studies and traineeships)
- Thursdays at 13:00-14:00 except on public holidays
- Extra drop-in before the closure of the exchange studies application:
- 12 May at 13:00-14:00
- 15 May at 13:00-14:00
The last drop-in session before the summer break is held 1 June 2023.
- For questions about exchange studies: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about Erasmus traineeship, Erasmus studies or the International Credit Mobility grant: email@example.com.
Book us for an information meeting
As a student, you can book us to hold an information meeting about the international opportunities offered via Uppsala University for your student association, nation or union. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.