Erasmus Traineeship in the UK
Students carrying out an Erasmus+ traineeship in the UK must apply for a T5 Visa. The first step is that you apply and get accepted for the Erasmus Traineeship Grant. You need to submit your Erasmus Traineeship application 3 months before your planned start date.
If you are accepted for an Erasmus traineeship grant, Uppsala University needs to apply for a so-called Certificate of Sponsorship before you can apply for the T5 visa. The Certificate of Sponsorship number needs to be attached to your visa application. Please find more information about the Certificate of Sponsorship on British Council’s webpage.
You find information about how you apply for the T5 visa, Immigration Health Surcharge etc. on the British Government Webpage.
If you plan to carry out an Erasmus traineeship in the UK, it is important that you contact us and applies in time. You need to consider the following in your time plan:
- Erasmus Traineeship Grant process (up to 1 month after you submit your complete Erasmus traineeship application in MoveON)
- The time it will take for you to gather the documentation for the Certificate of Sponsorship
- The time needed for Uppsala University to complete the Certificate of Sponsorship application after receiving your documentation (2 weeks)
- Receiving an acceptance of the Certificate of Sponsorship from the British Council (up to 4 weeks after Uppsala University submit the application)
- T5 Visa Application process (up to 3 weeks after you submit the application)
Please send an email to email@example.com or contact us via the Zoom drop-in when you have submitted your application.