User terms for campus cards
You must first read and approve Uppsala University's user terms for the campus card in order to be able to receive your card.
- You are not allowed to lend out your card, thereby granting access to unauthorised people
- You are not allowed to keep your PIN code next to your card.
- You need to provide your campus card a validity mark.
- You are not allowed to make modifications of any kind on your card.
- Misuse of your card may result in its deactivation.
When you pass doors where access card is needed
- Always make sure that doors close properly after you.
- You may not allow unauthorised persons into the premises to which you have access.
- Do not keep doors open for too long; eventually an automatic alarm will go off requiring you to close it immediately. Any sustained alarm will call on security personnel!
If you lose your card, it is important that you block it as soon as possible. This can be done by yourself in the service portal. You can also ask the reception at any campus for help.
Processing personal data in the university security systems
Information concerning management of personal data in security systems of Uppsala University, as decreed and regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR (EU) 2016/679
- For security reasons, Uppsala University will use certain personal data on you for verification of identities and any related purposes.
- Personal data includes name, social security number, course(s) taken, address, etc.
- Personal data will also be used in the administration of access systems.
- You have the right to request for the inspection of any electronic information stored specifically on you.
Information used from the system
Your personal data connected to your access card may be viewed when a breach of security is being investigated.