Your rights

What rights and regulations apply to your working conditions as a student? What are equal opportunities, and how do they benefit you? And who can you turn to if you have questions or need help?

For us it is important that all students feel that they are included in the study environment. At Uppsala University, there is zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment and victimisation and we are working actively with equal opportunities.

An important task is to ensure that our procedures, norms and routines reflect an attitude that is characterised by respect for students’ and employees’ different conditions.

Who can I turn to?

If you have questions about working environment or equal opportunities

At firsthand, contact the study counsellor at your department or programme. Central features of the University that you can turn to are:

  • The head of department is responsible for investigating harassment and abusive discrimination at the department. The head of department is responsible for ending the harassment.
  • The study counsellor is bound to professional secrecy. If you want to make a report, the study counsellor can be a support in this.
  • You can also talk to, for example, a teacher or director of studies or someone else in the university's staff who you trust.

The Student Health Centre has counsellors and psychologists who will assist you in times of need.

If you would like to make a complaint about your courses, programme or study environment, you should first contact your department. Read more about how you can make a complaint.

The student unions have liasion officers, faculty coordinators and safety representatives who work with advice and support to students in workenvironment and study-related issues.

There are also a student and PhD student ombudsmen who can inform you on the rules and rights that apply at the university. They provide advice and assistance to resolve problems related to your studies.

Student unions